Monday 2 November 2009

Initial Ideas

TITLE
For my magazine I tried to think of a relevant title, something that would appeal to my target audience, the sixth form. My various ideas include:




  • MySixthForm - I liked this title because it is associated with the popular blog-style website "Myspace.com". This relates to the reader as they feel the magazine is modern and "cool". Additionally, it creates a feeling of personality and individuality, the "My" suggests the feeling that the magazine is created especially for each student and caters to their needs and interests. The reason i decided against it was because it seemed to generic and lacked character, it didnt seem personal to our Sixth Form.

  • 6.4rm - This name is short and sweet, it takes the ordinary "Sixth Form" and gives it a modern edge. The numbers adds a sense of rebellion and conforms to the new language of youths that would be reading the magazine. Also, i gives the students a kind of connection and bond as they would be the only ones to understand the title. However, i decided not to call my magazine this because it might be a bit too not obvious. Also, it seems quite impersonal.

  • 400 - I decided on this title as 400 is the amount of students in the Fortismere sixth form. This gives the magazine an edge and like the other name, the numbers suggests modern, young outlook as it refers to texting language. Also, like "6.4rm" its not an obvious title which makes the students feel exclusive if they understand it.

I then went on to decided the design of my title, as the name is quite short i will have to think about positioning and style to make it stand out. Size will also be important, there were many options. I looked at different positioning for my title and realised that the obvious one would be suitable. This set-up allows the reader to notice the cover image and the title equally.



DESIGN STYLE
POSSIBLE ARTICLES
FONTS
COLOURS
AUDIENCE
POSSIBLE IMAGES


No comments:

Post a Comment